Thursday, July 22, 2010

A warm welcome to Keely from Luxe and Lillies!

Please give a warm welcome to Keely from Luxe and Lillies! She has the most wonderful blog and her taste is flawless. I hope you enjoy her top five favorite rooms just as much as I did!


I'm so excited to be guest posting for Leah today because I adore her beautiful blog, as well as Leah's immense talent! It's an honor to be here, and I hope you enjoy some of my favorite rooms (it was really hard to choose ! )

From the second I saw this in Lonny I thought to myself, "this is my favorite thing I have seen in a while." I love the way the rich orange compliments the deep blue and the punch of green added by the garden stool... I die! The towels add a great hint of pattern to keep your attention, and the silver accents really polish it off. It is just perfect to me.



This room is so light, yet colorful, and deep yet airy... so many different parts of this room to love. The chairs seem like a cozy place to sit and chat and have coffee in the morning, the chaise is tufted which I adore, and it would be lovely to take a little afternoon nap on with all of the sunlight pouring through the windows. The geometric cutout lamp adds a certain degree of character which is playful and fun, and who doesn't love ceiling to floor curtains? They complete a room to me!



Honestly, I'm not perfectly sure that I aesthetically love the look of this bedroom, it just has the different elements which make up a great space to me. Classic white bedding is an absolute must, its one of my greatest indulgences and this bedding with the thick lilac strip adds exactly that luxurious feeling that I go for when creating a space to relax in. The over sized lamp, ornate mirror, and classically shaped chair are all pieces that work together well despite their differences and create a bedroom that speaks to someones personality!



While I love bright whitewashed rooms, the deep yet striking colors have made me giddy with excitement. This purple (a color that has me in love lately on its own) is an absolutely spot on shade. I'm someone who values a comfortable dining space in the utmost, and this looks like the perfect little nook to have a lingering glass of champagne over conversation, or just a place to blog all afternoon. The chandelier adds a gorgeously feminine touch, and the red is striking.



As I said about, white rooms will never fail to suck me in. I love their clean, fresh, and simple palette which just makes you want to breathe deeply. To me, the only thing this room is missing is some beautiful white orchids on that table!




via
Lonny
David Jimenez
House Beautiful


Thank you so much Keely you are such a beautiful writer and I adore all of your choices! Isn't she amazing?!!!!

23 comments:

Ms. Emmy N said...

Great job to Keely! Love the rich colors in the first and second to last pictures, but the final pic is my favorite, I love the mixture of soft feminine colors with dark leather like those chairs!! Fabulous!

Kristen said...

Great job Keely, love your taste and picks!

k said...

I love the picks!!! and the pics...:)

jemina said...

Wonderful!!! I LOVE the purple room SO MUCH!!! xoxo

iheartkiwi said...

orange is one of my all time favorite accent colors. so modern and fresh!

Cat said...

Great room pics! I really love the white and blue comforter...it looks so peaceful and pretty :)

Anonymous said...

love those colors! all i do is stare at wall colors these days!

J. said...

I love the "glass house" look of the last picture!



http://jammer10am.blogspot.com/

Mimi said...

Amazing style, love the 'glass house'!

xo

Brandi@ Flights of Whimsy said...

I love the first bathroom! I wonder where they got those black and white towels or where i could find some that are similar! Great choices!

Sharstin said...

love love--absolutely gorgeous~

Carpe Diem said...

Who would have thought a black bathroom could look so chic? And, I love the juxtaposition of the blue and orange in the third pic. Great choices and a great eye for design.

Anonymous said...

Keely, what gorgeous rooms you picked as favorites! And yeah, I can't say which one I like the most, they're all *that* beautiful!

Unknown said...

Great job..
Simple but nice..

Welcome said...

This was a great post!! Loved the interiors...

XOXO
Kiki

Aspiring Kennedy said...

wowzer... that bathroom is so great. i'm with her- one of the coolest things i've seen in a long time.

Unknown said...

Great job Keely! And thanks Leah for introducing us to her. Both of your blogs are incredible! I love your insight and choices here. Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos!

Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy said...

Great guest post! I love all of those rooms!

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

I adore Keely and her wonderful blog! She's a top girl and these are a super fab five rooms!

Unknown said...

Great job! Really enjoyed this post, beautiful selection of rooms.

René said...

I have been stalking that black bathroom too Leah. Isn't it perfect?

-Rene

Splendid Willow said...

Keely says she faints when she sees that first image - I am prepared to faint too! Fabulous! And what great design eye she has, Now wonder you like each other so much!

ox, Mon