Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Outside Ambition


Our deck is not the loveliest of places. Especially in the summer when the sun is beating down and you are boiling! However this Summer I plan to change that!


I thought with the red deck (which we hope to tare out someday) that yellow would look fabulous as an accent color.
This yellow and white striped fabric would look great on some pillows for the chairs and couch.
Wouldn't these pots look great spray painted a high gloss yellow?
I found this umbrella from Bed Bath and Beyond for $99 and they are always giving those 20% off cupouns out. It would be a great way to add some color and some much needed shade!
Add some cool yellow garden stools. These are sooo expensive everywhere I look! Does any one know where some cheap ones are?
Finish up with some cool lanterns.
This will be a work in progress but stay tuned for the finished makeover look!.
Maybe this will be the end result? : )

3 comments:

Richard Hill said...

Great ideas baby, I can't wait until summer so we can enjoy our backyard more.

christa jean said...

I fully agree with you that yellow accents would look fabulous!!! You could even throw in one turquoise pillow or something for an extra POP of color. That pic is very inspiring and looks so inviting.
Can't wait to see the final result!

Brittney Lynne said...

I def think you should do yellow on the deck! Especially the pots. I also liked the turquoise with the yellow, but I LOVE turquoise so I'm partial:) I have seen some lesser expensive garden stools at Home Goods in the past, and have you tried Craigslist???
Oh and they have lots of lanterns at Z Gallerie right now in all different colors/sizes including yellow!
Have fun... You're so creative!