Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving at the Oregon Coast

We spent this Thanksgiving at the Oregon Coast with Richard's side of the family. We had such an incredible time. I mean not everyone can take a walk to the beach in between courses! The cousins had so much fun finding seashells, climbing on rocks and stumps, and watching a dead seal be eaten by a seagull (okay that part was kinda sad and gross but educational for the kids).

The food was amazing with Turkey and all the fixings! For indoor fun the kids did crafts and the adults played games, and browsed black Friday adds.

IMG_3588.JPG


I told myself I would not endure another black Friday but my husband convinced me by enticing me with a Starbucks. It is amazing what I will do for a Peppermint Mocha! We came back victorious with most of our Christmas shopping done and a pair of jeggings for Mama, yippeee!

screen-capture.png

via

I hope you all had a fabulous holiday with your loved ones!

Hugs, kisses, and much Luvs!

13 comments:

Kathysue said...

It sounds like you had the perfect family weekend. What a wonderful way to kick off the Holiday season!!! Kathysue

jemina said...

Happy Thanksgiving dear, and thanks for sharing the pic of the children, they are so adorable :)

Kisses
J
xoxo

Anonymous said...

aaawww.. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones.. Are those your little ones?? They are so so adorable..

Kendra said...

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving. I'm with ya, I don't do Black Friday shopping, but for a Starbucks I just might!

Unknown said...

You will be such a sassy mama with those cute jeans! I am a two pump peppermint mocha girl myself . . that will do the trick anytime. So glad you had such a wonderful trip. What a special picture.

Amy Moore said...

What a fun Thanksgiving....cannot wait to see the jeggings in action! Being an Oregonian myself it's hard to believe I have never spent a turkey day at the coast. Maybe next year you can come over the mountain to the snow:)

Amy

Sharstin said...

sounds like you had a great thanksgiving!! and i love me some jeggins! too cute~

Rachel- Once Upon a Farm said...

Love the picture and it sounds like you guys had a blast! Love you!

Unknown said...

that is such a fantastic pic of the cousins at the beach! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Leah. And had a great time shopping. lol. I can't believe it was your hubby trying to convince you to go shopping.. like what?! lol..

Michaela said...

What a stylish mama you are in those jeans! So cute! I love skinnys...it's almost all I wear these days! Glad you had such a wonderful time with the fam!

Maddy said...

How adorable!!! All those cute babies, I can't take it! Hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving weekend!

Michelle @ Ten June said...

Well isn't that crazy- I was traveling down the Oregon coast over the holidays, as well! The hubby and I were vacationing and drove from Vancouver to San Francisco... it is incredible scenery. Do you live out that way?!

PS. I heart (HEART!) Peppermint Mochas. One of my favorite holiday treats :)

k said...

WOW your husband had you go out??? impressed!