Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Way YOU Are

Sweet, adorable, and oh so stylish Mary from JPM Design is with us today to share a little peek into her favorite spot in her home. This room is so welcoming and tranquil, no wonder it's her favorite spot!

Mary's favorite spot....

I want to start out by thanking Leah for asking me to join in on the fun! I adore her blog and she has to be one of the sweetest girls out there, so I am so honored to get to contribute today!

My most favorite spot in my house would have to be my bedroom. Its hardly a master at only 11' x 11' feet but Ive made the most out of it. Since the space is so small Ive limited its functions to only relaxing and sleeping! Since I am always on the go its so nice to have a place to retreat to after a long, hard day.

When my fiance and I purchased our house I was rather stumped on what to do with the space. There is large, off-centered window above the bed so I came up with the idea of painting a mural on the wall to help balance things, visually. I hand drew and painted the cherry blossom tree branch and the room evolved from there. I like to think that the space has an eclectic, zen-like feel to it! I'm always on the hunt for a bargain, so the pillows are from Target, bedding is from Ikea, lamps are from Pier One, and nightstands are from TJMaxx.

Thanks again for including me :)
Mary

bedroom6.jpg


DSC_0090.JPG

via JPM Design

18 comments:

styleforlife said...

Beautifully decorated house. Such wonderful eye.
Thanks for sharing her.
xx Emily from EL Vintage

Ashley said...

The blossom tree image is beautiful! xoxoxo

Courtney {a thoughtful place} said...

That's a fabulous room. I wish you had shown more pictures!! Great space.

Rikke said...

Aahh..I love that bedroom!!

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Love the tear lamp on the bedside table!

Ludmila {creamylife.com} said...

that bedroom is beautiful! looks so peaceful!

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

she hand painted that tree? amazing!

jillian said...

i love that room! i like her nightstand decor - i always feel like i have too much or not enough on my nighstands!

jillian xoxo
http://just-jillian.blogspot.com

Brandi said...

This is very tranquil, she is a great artist!

Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy said...

That mural is so gorgeous! I can't believe she did it on her own!

christine {bijouandboheme} said...

Gorgeous mural- very pretty and very impressive!

jemina said...

That is one amazing bedroom
drooooolll.......

XOXO
J

Jesse {GoodGirlGoneGlad} said...

What a serene space.
xx

Tatiana said...

This bedroom is amazing! I love her style!

Mary said...

Thanks again Leah for including me in the series!! I'm looking forward to getting a peak into some of your other stylish reader's homes!

Maddy said...

And what a lovely bedroom it is!! Love the wall decal! It's the perfect place to rest your head at night :)

Zee said...

The colors are so inviting. At first I thought that was a real tree. Hey, you've had some larger than life pics on here before! Lol.

and flowers pick themselves said...

such a gorgeous space. it looks so cozy + lovely.

xo Alison

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails