Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The problem and the solotion

To start off let me just apologize for doing so many posts about Evie's big girl room. I am really just obsessing about it and hey what good is this blog if I can't get out all my obsessions here right?!!
So here's the problem... That big beautiful window, more specifically the big dome window above, lets in so much light. This may be so wonderful for the most part but not while baby girl is sleeping.
The solution... my girl Lisa from Fabulous but Frugal is making me custom curtains! That may sound really expensive but she is so reasonable!! I was shocked, she is doing floor to ceiling curtains with a black out liner so it will really block the sun. And to top it all off she found this amazing fabric that I have been wanting forever. PLUS she is throwing in two pillowcases. I am totally excited!
Thank you Lisa!
IMG_3445.JPG

Isn't this fabric so fun and girly yet totally chic?!!!
il_570xN.194081544.jpg

via
Luvs!

21 comments:

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

That is awesome! I don't think I'll ever make drapes again! And of course, your blog is the perfect place to share your decor obsessions- we love it!

jemina said...

Truly amazing, can't wait to see the end result :)

Kisses
J
xoxo

Caitlin @ Desert Domicile said...

I love that fabric and I bet Evie will too! I can't wait for the big reveal to see how you pulled it all together!

Anna Walker said...

The fabric is great! and It will last many many years, and not be all "Princess Pink" :)
Can't wait until it's finished!

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

Sami said...

I love the fabric and can't wait to see the finished room. Obsess away!

Amanda said...

Feel free to share your decorating thoughts here as often as you like, that's what your blog and us readers are for :) I've been hunting for a solution of Grace's room too to block out more light.

Chedva @Rooms and Words said...

Awesome! Window treatments are so important in sunny rooms - good decision!

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

That fabric is perfect for her room, Leah! Keep the posts coming, I say!

k said...

I'm so getting excited to see the final product!

Shannon said...

its going to look wonderful!

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

I love reading about the big girl room! Love the fabric too!

Wendy said...

love the fabric!!!

Misses Bee said...

Very nice!!!

Brandi@ Flights of Whimsy said...

I love that fabric! I've seen it before. Good call just doing floor to ceiling curtains, looks so much better than those cheesy fan shaped shades, not that you were considering that!

A Casa da VĂ¡ said...

Can't wait to see, the fabric choice is divine!

Maddy said...

Love the pops of color in Evie's room! Can't wait to see the final product! I'm sure it will be FAB!!!

Amy Moore said...

Evie's room is shaping up to be awesome. Cannot wait to see the end results!

A

Karen said...

What a perfect fabric choice. It isn't juvenile so you'll be able to keep them for years.

Kristen said...

so cute! i can't wait to see how it looks!

Unknown said...

I love that fabric...I was actually considering it for my daughters room. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm a new follower!

Mary said...

You nailed it on the head! Fun, girly & totally chic!!! LOVE IT!