Thursday, May 5, 2011

Bright and Happy

"Oh my goodness"... this is what my daughter and I say when we really like something!

So "Oh my goodness" I LOVE these rooms from the latest issue of Homes and Gardens! They are so bright and happy and that is all I am craving right now!

In particular this first room makes me want to redecorate my whole house! Isn't the blue and white so refreshing?
screen-capture.png

I am completely drooling over this eating area. The ornate mirror, clock and chandelier are a perfect contrast to the all white and modern table and chairs.
screen-capture-1.png

I would never in my life choose these stripes, but looking at this room it totally works. It truly is a spring room.
screen-capture-2.png


Luvs!

12 comments:

Kathysue said...

It is fun to see such bright and cheerful colors being used. It makes me smile, Kathysue

Carly {Honey and the Moon} said...

Really love the blue! It reminds me of the color of Carrie Bradshaw's apartment in Sex in the City: The Movie.

The stripes...I'm not so sure. I mean, I LOVE stripes...but that's...just..a lot...

Unknown said...

Ummm yes oh my goodness I love that first room, the amazing colors:-)

Danielle Renee said...

The blue is so eye catching...but could I handle it day in and day out? I don't know. I do, however, love love the chair in the last photo.

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Adore that blue hue, Leah!

Jenna Lee said...

That first room is so bright and beautiful. I love everything about it.
http://jennaleelac.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Like mother like daughter? That is the cutest.. these rooms are bright and cheery, I love them.
Have a wonderful weekend Leah, wishing you a very happy Mother's Day! xo

S said...

Wow, I love that color blue!

Jessie said...

I love everything about the second picture. From the beautiful ornate mirror to the fabulous Saarinen table and tulip chairs. And the flower arrangement is just stunning! Love it!

Have a lovely weekend. Happy Mother's Day!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Wendy said...

great picks! you're absolutely right about the 1st photo - so refreshing, love it! Happy Mother's Day!

Unknown said...

Wow those stripes are BOLD. Pretty to look at in a picture, but I'm with you - maybe not for my house.

Jess said...

i love the blue walls, so pretty and surprising --- but in a good way. and somehow still looks classic.