Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial day at my Home

Happy Memorial day my Luvs!

We are still trying to decide what to do with a whole day off but I am sure no matter what we decide we will have a ball just being together.

My sweet hubby got me the ikea countertop for mother's day and we finally got it installed on our "kitchen island". It was only $49 compared to the $400 and upwards choice of marble and marble knockoffs. I am so excited to be able to actually use this extra countertop space now!

I hope you have a wonderful day with your families and remembering those we have lost.
Luvs
IMG_4433.JPG



IMG_4434.JPG



IMG_4435.JPG



IMG_4436.JPG

12 comments:

Carly {Honey and the Moon} said...

Looks great, girl! Such a savings to use the IKEA counter top.

Kathysue said...

I love your bright pop of pink. I would imagine you smile every time you enter your kitchen!!! The top looks great, Happy Memorial day,
Kathysue

Unknown said...

Cuuute! Love it, and what a deal Leah! Also digging the fun pops of pink, lucky! My hubby would not have anything to do with pink lol

Amy Moore said...

Simply adorable!

Jackie said...

It looks great!!

avant garde design said...

super job you guys! i love it more than those other choices, and i love that you took an unusual piece and turned it into the most fabulous kitchen island ;)

Allison said...

That is one fun island! I love that pop of pink.

Wendy said...

nice guy - your hubby is... looks great!

Jesse {GoodGirlGoneGlad} said...

It looks fantastic! =)

That Girl in Pearls said...

Looks fantastic! And for $49... wow. That's hard to beat! We've been up to a few house projects ourselves this weekend. I Love taking the time to spruce up the old place. Puts a smile on my face for sure :)


Hope you have a wonderful day, Love.
B.
That Girl in Pearls

Unknown said...

Looks amazing! Looks like you have plenty of space to cook in your kitchen, and stylishly at that. Hope you had a terrific long weekend Leah!

Erika Ward said...

Your little pink island is adorable. Lucky you have a husband that isn't as vocal as mine!