Wednesday, May 11, 2011

So worth it

Yesterday was a whirlwind! No joke I spent probably 6 hours on my hands and knees working on these chevron curtains! I just kept thinking about the day when I can bring baby boy home to this cute room with the curtains I made for him! I am really proud of myself too, becuase I usually have my husband or one of my brothers help me with the math and measuring and what not but everyone was busy. So I did it ALL by myself. As I tell Evie "Your such a big girl"!

To tell you the truth I am not sure how I did it. There was a whole lot of measuring and connecting the dots I marked with tape. And then I used regular paint (which most would use fabric paint, I just didn't want to buy anymore paint and I wanted it to match the mirror I painted for the room) and used the "blotting technique" with a paint brush.

I feel really bad I can't give you better directions! It was so chaotic with watching my sweet babe and nephew at my Moms house. And to top it off the paint leaked through to my Mom's floor! Yikes! I just wiped it down with fingernail polish and it came right off. Thanks Mom for letting me do my crazy projects at your house!

photo-2.JPG


photo-1.JPG

Luvs!

30 comments:

Tiffany said...

Love! It looks awesome!!!

Marie said...

Looks GOOD :) Wow, you are so talented!
xx Marie House chic

Aaron said...

I feel ya! Stenciling my curtains took so much longer than I thought it would.

Yours look amazing. So cute!

Carly {Honey and the Moon} said...

They look so great! Can't wait to see them up. x

Unknown said...

that looks great!! can't wait to see the whole room!!

Unknown said...

WOOOWWWW! You have totally inspired me to try this :) Wonderful job - it turned out PERFECT!
xoxo
-linh
http://la-lalinh.blogspot.com

Rachel- Once Upon a Farm said...

SO flippin' awesome, Leah! You are DEDICATED! Won't baby boy love looking at them?!! I know they are going to look stellar in his room!:) Way to go!

Lovely Little Nest said...

well they look FABULOUS!! well done! :)

hope you don't mind if I share a link next week on my blog!

Chic Geek said...

Yay! Congrats! Can't wait to see it in the room!

Unknown said...

Amazing. I would love to tackle a project like this but I can't figure out the measuring.. my brain isn't programmed for those things!

Unknown said...

Awesome job! I too am in the midst of a curtain project. I actually thought of you when I got the fabric... hint: it matches some of your furniture. I will post soon.

Leah said...

Kelli,

I can't wait to see!

Luvs!

W E L C O M E said...

Great Job! Can't wait to see them up..

Jesse {GoodGirlGoneGlad} said...

So fun!
xx

Jenna Lee said...

Listen... we need to talk! Where did you get this amazing talent? Can i buy some! The curtains look AMAZING. I dont normally like yellow but i LOVE them! Great job

Jen said...

Wow it turned out so great. I especially love the color. I do the exact same thing, any project I have I get my husband to figure out the technical stuff!!! I'm better at the designing stuff. Excited to see the curtains up.

Unknown said...

That my friend, is going to look fantastic. Great job Leah!

Evie said...

ooooo good job!!

Kerry said...

They turned out so great! :) I cannot wait to see them in your little man's nursery! good work!

Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy said...

They look perfect! I can't wait to see them up!

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

I am super impressed that you got your pregnant buns down on the floor and made those! They are cute and your little boy is going to love them!

Wendy said...

look at you, crazy girl! can't wait to see them up!

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

oooh nice! hang them n take pics!! :)))

Clara said...

They look wonderful! How on-trend-- color AND chevron!!

InteriorGroupie said...

They look fantastic!! I would love to see them hanging - I'm sure they will look just like your inspiration photo.

Michaela said...

How awesome! I bet they're going to look amazing all hung up!

Vanessa Elizabeth | Ruffled Rose said...

What a great project! I hope you post pictures of the room when it's done!

natasha {schue love} said...

LOVE this idea!! The yellow is perfection!

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

Way to go! I can't believe you tackled this project while pregnant!!! You are amazing!

Kristen said...

awesome job sister!