Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Rocking it

I have gone back and forth on whether I want to splurge and purchase an upholstered rocker like this one here for baby boy's nursery. Or... I could go with a more modern rocker like this Eames style rocking chair from Amazon. I like that I would be able to use it in multiple rooms later on, and it takes up much less space and the price is way more reasonable at only $79! With most of the upholstered rockers that I have seen running at least $400 I think it is a very good alternative. My only reservation is the comfort, as far as nursing etc. I know that it will matter most in the beginning months and then they start nursing so fast it doesn't really matter.

I also "requested" my sister make me a sailor inspired pillow to go on it. Like these cute ones here.
unnamed.jpg


screen-capture.png

With the rocker, the pillow, and the Calypso ottoman I already have, do you think I could make it work?
IMG_4399.JPG

Luvs!

8 comments:

Carly {Honey and the Moon} said...

It's hard to know as I've never had a baby, but I do like how the Eames rocking chair can be used in multiple rooms.

It'll look super cute either way! x

Unknown said...

i have that rocker and soon as my Mom comes over she ALWAYS sits on it :o)

room is looking PERFECT babes!

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

You could 100% make it work! Go for it, Leah!

Jenna Lee said...

Yes you can make it work and it WILL ROCK! Love it! Still in love with those curtains... made my mom get striped ones for her room because I loved yours so much!

A Casa da VĂ¡ said...

It already looks so cool! Love the silver ottoman against the yellow curtains - great choices!

Hugs & kisses from Rio!
http://acasadava.blogspot.com

Amy Moore said...

The Eames is surprisingly comfortable and you can put a blanket over the side your baby is nursing on to make it more comfortable for your arm. I have always had a rocker in my three babies rooms, but sadly always sat on the couch in the living room while nursing. It will be so versatile for you...go for it!!

Best,

Amy

Kathryn Elizabeth said...

They both are adorable and I love the nautical pillows! My church has the exact eames ones you found on amazon in the nursery and I find them comfortable and little effort to rock them when you're holding a little one. (:

Lauren said...

I had the same debate, but ultimately decided to go with an upholstered rocker for comfort. I decided I could add a designer chair (later) for that much needed design element. I thought that every 2-3 hours I would rather sit in a chair I could sink into.