Monday, June 13, 2011

Monday at My Home

I am not really sure what happened but we had a super duper crazy busy weekend!
Richard had to work for my Dad using his GPS equipment (from Richard's work) to help him lay out rows for a new blueberry field that they are putting in. So we were out at the farm Friday evening and most of Saturday morning. While he was working outside I was working on a new rug for our family room inside. Richard had picked this rug up from Ikea, which several other bloggers have already painted including this one which I LOVE!

Here's what our diy process looked like.
photo-2.JPG


photo-3.JPG


photo-4.JPG

Child labor, I highly recommend! ; )
photo-6.JPG


photo-1.JPG



After:
IMG_4480.JPG


IMG_4485.JPG


IMG_4484.JPG


IMG_4479.JPG


IMG_4483.JPG


We also got a new roman shade from the Home Depot. Hoping that it will keep our house a little cooler this summer.
IMG_4462.JPG

And yes that's Evelette sitting in our Badai (her favorite spot to sit and play or read while we are getting ready. ;)
IMG_4463.JPG


IMG_4469.JPG

The shade all hung!
IMG_4475.JPG


IMG_4474.JPG


We spent the whole rest of the weekend in our yard. We had a list of about 15 things to do and we finished most of it! Unfortunaletly I can hardly walk this morning. lol
Have a great Monday my Luvs!

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been wanting to try one of these rugs for a while now, I think I will need to make it my weekend project this weekend b/c yours turned out so great.

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

WOW....the rug looks amazing...you did such a wonderful job!

Danielle said...

I love this rug! Did you have to use a special kind of paint?

Marie said...

It looks great! Maybe I should try something like this one day...
xx Marie

avant garde design said...

you are the most ambitious person i've met! that rug came out fabulous, i love what the stripes add to that space, really fun ;) and how cute is evelette sitting there in the bathroom? so cute, that's what!

Jessie said...

Love your rug and the blue stripes you did look fantastic! I love how the new rug ties everything together!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Stephanie said...

Your rug looks lovely, just makes the whole room pop! You're always so creative, it's wonderful!

Caitlin @ Desert Domicile said...

WOW! Your rug turned out GREAT! Nice job, Leah :)

www.desertdomicile.blogspot.com

Amy Moore said...

I love the navy with the orange...so chic!!

Amy

Kristen said...

i can't believe you have a badai in your home! awesome

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

That rug DIY is amazing, Leah!

Unknown said...

sweet baby Jesus Leah!!!!!!!!!!! that RUG is AMAZING!!!!! totally blows my mind what a good job u did! xoxox

Jenna Lee said...

This is so cute! I love the rug and I love that the little one will sit in the badai! So Cute!

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

wow...! im always impressed by people who can paint rugs!
I have yet to try this- it scares me!
YOURS LOOKS chic! :))))

www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com

Meme said...

I LOVE the way it turned out!!! And the child labor... lol... so cute indeed! You did a great job on it... Makes me want to get a fun rug for my living room!!!!

Rebecca said...

Wow, Leah! I love it!!

Marianne said...

The rug is amazing! I have wanted to try this, but haven't had the guts! Perhaps I should reconsider.

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

Wow, LOVE the rug! It looks fabulous with the orange lamps!

Julia Ryan said...

okay that rug is to die for! I can't wait to try this out!!! xoxox, Julia

Rachel- Once Upon a Farm said...

Leah, I always think, "OK, THIS is my favorite Leah-project", but then you do it again!:) You know I'm lovin' blue and white right now and it turned out so, so good! Evie totally cracks me up in the picture... :) always loved your bathroom, too! xoxo

Eat. Live. Laugh. and sometimes shop! said...

OMGoodness - I am so impressed by your rug DIY! Love it and it looks fab in your room!

Pudel-design said...

That rug looks amazing!
Love the blue;)
So pretty in this room!
Lovely greetings...

http://pudel-design.blogspot.com/

shauna said...

Thank you for this post! We really need a rug for our living room and have yet to find anything - especially for the right price. This is a perfect project! Do I have to use a certain paint??

Summer said...

okay, i LOVE! Where did you get the rug you started with and more about the paint?!?

traci zeller designs said...

Oh my, my boys would be beside themselves with excitement to get to work on that project! Evelette must have had a blast! She is just too cute for words.