Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday at My Home

Happy Monday my Luvs!
If you were hoping for a big makeover this Monday, I am sorry to let you down. I get diyed out too! lol

I am just sharing a couple of new things that I have gotten for our home. I found them all at different times and places but I just haven't shown them off yet.

The first are these pillows that I found at Target this past weekend. They were on clearance for only $6.48 each! I love how they play off the stripes of the chairs.
IMG_4497.JPG


IMG_4499.JPG

The second is this bust that I found in an antique store. I spent $45 on her but I have never seen a bust so unique and truly stunning.
IMG_4503.JPG

The third is a pair of pictures that I found at the Goodwill. I found them while digging through a huge stack trying to find the missing pieces to my recent art wall in the dining room. I saw one of them and then later saw the other, realizing that they went together, I was so excited! I wish I knew the history better of these but I know the boy is called "Little boy blue" and they were done by the famous English portrait artist Thomas Gainsborough.
IMG_4506.JPG


IMG_4507.JPG

I hope you like my new treasures!
Luvs

10 comments:

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

love all the pops of yellow and the umbrella stand, so cute!!

Mary said...

I just purchased those pillows from Target. . . for double the price. I'm super jealous you found them so cheap! I'm using them on my back patio. . . hopefully I will post some pictures of that part of my house SOON!

Miss K said...

those pillows are perfection for those chairs!

Jessie said...

Love your new pillows. They look great against the striped chairs!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Brianne said...

I LOVE the "Pinkie" and "Blueboy" paintings. My grandmother had them hanging over the bed I used to sleep in at her home. They are by different painters. This blog has a little of the history. (Some believe "Blueboy" is a young Napolean..."
http://lisaqualls.blogspot.com/2011/04/pinkie-and-blueboy.html

Leah said...

Thank you so much Brianne! I am so glad to hear more of the history behind them!

Luvs

Lili said...

LOVE this space!

Zee said...

The chairs are just gorgeous! B&W is so elegant!

Zee,
http://firepages.blogspot.com

Gabriela said...

Everything looks lovely!!! I sure do like that bust you found, she is beautiful and what a great touch she adds to the already great decor!!

mydeco said...

Like the layout of the room and the pieces of art are great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails