Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday at My Home

It's the start of a new week and to tell the truth Evie and I are always a tad sad on Mondays because Papa has to go back to work. But at least I can look at our pretty recovered chairs that he helped me with. I recovered them and he screwed them back in. The wood that they used in the bottom of the chairs was cheap so when I first recovered them I accidently striped out the wood, making it very hard to keep the screws in. Luckily he was able to use wood filler and longer screws and that seemed to do the trick. What would we do without you lover?!

Mother's day was so wonderful except for the fact that poor baby girl came down with a cold. We took turns staying home with her so she could get plenty of rest. Richard went to church with his Mom and then my whole family pitched in to help clean my Moms house. After some good elbow greese was used I came home to homemade caesar salad with homemade croutons that Richard and Evie had made together. Isn't that too precious? Evie was so excited to show me what they had done and she kept saying "happy birthday" instead of Happy Mothers day. So sweet!

Okay enough of me gushing, ; ) here's the recovered kitchen chairs. I used a pleather instead of a vinyl, both wipe up easily but pleather is a bit softer.
Didn't they turn out fun?
IMG_4381.JPG


IMG_4382.JPG


IMG_4388.JPG


IMG_4384.JPG

Luvs!

17 comments:

Style Chic 360 said...

O-M-G. I LOVE the PINK!
those chairs came out great!

Jessie said...

Love your new barbie pink reupholstered chair! It looks great with your pink island. I love your blue and white striped tablecloth too. May I know where did you get it?

I am glad you enjoyed your Mother's Day and hope Evie gets well soon.

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Tiffany said...

Pretty! I love the pink with the navy striped table cloth!

Leah said...

Hey Jessie!

I got the tablecloth at Ikea for like 7 bucks. They had a larger size too for just a little more.

Luvs!

Jenna Lee said...

Very cute! So bright and cheery!

http://jennaleelac.blogspot.com/

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Oh, seeing this color makes me happy! And your husband must be a fun guy to agree with all this pink! Sooo pretty!!! :-)

Have a Blessed week!

xo


Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Amy Moore said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!

Amy

avant garde design said...

super special story! your husband is awesome. and any guy who can sit and eat on pink chairs is a keeper ;) love them and love the texture of pleather. love it!

Desiree said...

How cute! The chairs looks great in your kitchen and I love the pink island.

Urbanstems said...

Nice work Leah..Sinead

Carly {Honey and the Moon} said...

The chairs look fantastic! So smart to use a fabric that cleans well.

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Love your pink with the navy!!

Unknown said...

They turned out really great! I'm dying over that tablecloth too:)

Unknown said...

Looks great, and I love your table cloth! Where is it from?

Kristen said...

i love the fabrics, they look great together! you have such great taste and a good eye! i wish i had your talent!

Gabriela said...

My goodness what a great kitchen! It turned out so beautiful!!! I love the pink, so lovely! Where is that chandelier from?? I love it

decor4poor@blogspot.com said...

I have to know how your husband went for this. I have a little pink picture frame like you have in your kitchen, and I feel like he is eyeballing it.