Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Monday at My Home ( a day late)

It baffles me how painting my chairs white turned into a whole mini makeover! It seems like thats what usually happens, I change one thing and then I need to change everything to match the thing I changed. It started out by wanting to take the red out of our dining room so I painted the chairs white and then switched the curtains to West Elms Ikat curtains. Then I decided that the black on the walls was too harsh and the multiple prints was too much. So I painted the stripes white and figured a way to "copy" an amazing horse canvas from Z gallerie that you can see here. I did a little research and found that Kinkos prints the biggest/cheapest/best quality for large pictures. I chose a picture, that my sister took, of my parents horse named Jock and Kinkos took care of the rest. They even put it on a cork board for me so it is nice and sturdy. I wanted it to be framed to give it that finished look and I remembered how I'd seen other people make frames from molding from a hardware store.

It sounded simple enough...
Did I ever tell you guys when I ran over our kitchen cabinets when they were drying in the garage? Well I did and amazingly enough they were hardly even scratched, I joke with people that I was testing the quality! Anyways that's what happend when we came home from church on Sunday and both Richard and I were super bummed. But nevertheless my sweet hubby ran out to get the supplies and made me another one! It was a pretty easy project besides the fact that we had to do it twice!

What do you think?!!!

IMG_5247.JPG


IMG_5249.JPG


IMG_5251.JPG

BTW now we have a solution to our forgetfulness, if something is drying on the floor of the garage we hang down a piece of flagging to remind us not to pull in. I highly recommend! ; )

Luvs!!!

16 comments:

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Amazinggg! :-) I'd love to have a dinner party at your place! :-) This is glam w/out being too serious. Love the picture.

Great job, Leah.

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Unknown said...

Leah I LOVE it!! It's so fresh but exciting. I thought it was great before, but this is just really soft and pretty. You are awesome

Erin said...

I love the stripes. Love the horse. Love everything. Very inspiring. Hmmmmmm. I have a feeling I'll be off to my grandpa's farm with my camera soon.

http://leeanderin.blogspot.com/

avant garde design said...

i love, love love it! amazing how changing up color palettes and walls can seriously transform a space. is that horse image from your family's farm? so gorgeous. happy valentine's day! funny story about running over things in your garage, but your idea to prevent it is perfect ;)

Cat said...

Sooooo awesome!!!
This has motivated me to tackle some of my projects I've been putting off this weekend.
Love love love!!

Cat
Ninjasandnailpolish.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

It looks fabulous!

Unknown said...

this looks great!!!! what a great idea.

Unknown said...

omg!!! I love it!!! what an amazing transformation!!! congrats Leah xoxoxo

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

How beautiful is this space!?!? It's simple and clean and interesting and just delightful! Thanks for the Kinko's tip. Now I have to find an awesome photograph!
www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

Fantastic! Love the original art! I can't believe how much the look of this room has changed... love it!

Anonymous said...

I am just like you... If you change one thing, gotta change it all haha. Wonderful jon Leah :)

{The Design Daredevil} Jessie D. Miller said...

It looks GREAT! love the gold and white stripped wall!

Rachel- Once Upon a Farm said...

It was beautiful before, but over-the-top gorgeous now! I love the white and gold and a picture of Jock is the icing for sure!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, it looks fantastic! Love those huge stripes, everything just ties in together so well. Lovely!

The Governors Daughter said...

this room looks great and looks relaxing. i got a kick of you running over your cabinets. sounds like something i would do. great job on the room!

Krystle said...

Hi there! Love this space. What color/brand gold paint did you use for the stripes on the wall?

Thanks!