Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Way YOU Are- Once Upon a Farm

Today is especially special because we all get to peek in my big sisters house! You always hear me talking about my Mom and sister and how wonderful they are, but today you actually get to hear from one of them!

Rachel's favorite spot....


Thank you for asking me to be a part of this fun series, Leah! As your sister and friend I could not be any more proud of you! I love you dearly. I am a little out of my league with all the talent you have been showcasing, but here goes! :) My favorite room in our house is our living room. We live on a farm and have a spectacular view of the countryside and all the happenings of the farm from this room. The room is well loved as we start off the day here with our morning devotions and usually end the day here with more snuggling and reading. I love that it is a mostly neutral palette that I can easily and quickly update for the seasons or whatever mood I am in. The couch, side table, and ottoman are all light colors, so it makes it easy to change the pillows and add other accent colors. I have mostly blues and greens in the room right now as they are my favs. I still love my curtains from Ikea, blue lamp on my desk from Home Goods, zebra rug from Target, white baskets from the Container Store, cream bird cage from my sister, and the turquoise suitcase that holds my favorite books. Thanks again for having me, Leah!

1.JPG


2.JPG


3.JPG


4.JPG


5.JPG


6.JPG


P1020403.JPG


via Once Upon a Farm

25 comments:

Karen said...

Good taste runs in the family!

Leah said...

Lol! Thanks Karen!

Luvs!

k said...

Aww, her living room looks so cozy! I love it :)

christine, just bella said...

What an amazing view! I'd be starting and finishing my days in this room too - it's beautiful!!

I'm loving that mirror in the background in the dining room too!

Amy Moore said...

Wow, that view! So homey and stylish...what a great job!

Amy

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

Love those framed antlers! Beautiful home!

Jennifer Nicole said...

Sisters are the best! I have an older and a younger and couldn't live without them. I always have a blast hanging out in each others living spaces...they really are an accurate reflection of each of us and our personalities. :)

Jackie said...

What a beautiful room. And that view! I would love to look out my window and see a view as beautiful as that.

Have a great day dear!

Maddy said...

Very cool! I love the "openess" of the room and the gorgeous view! I also enjoyed enjoyed the personal touched like the framed antlers and books in a suitcase! Very cool!

Ariane said...

I love this room! & I also love that you sisters are the dearest of friends.

What a breathtaking view!!!

Kristen said...

I love it! That sofa looks so compfy! And I really like the pop of green from the Fern ♥

Anonymous said...

simply fabulous! xoxoxo

Kristen said...

gorgeous! love the room esp the tall lamp and the suitcase w/books!

Cherish Stockdale said...

good decorating must run in your family!! :)

Kristen said...

what a lovely home and that view - wow!!

Unknown said...

Your sister's home is beautiful! That view is breathtaking as well. My favourite corner of the room is definitely the wall of bird prints and that desk and lamp. It's just gorgeous!

Caitlin @ Desert Domicile said...

What a great, cozy room! I love that little lace looking basket!

Jess said...

YES! You have been posting some fabulous houses lately!!!!

KillerB said...

What a warm room! I seriously love that corner with the blue suitcase displaying books. Absolutely adorable.

heather said...

yay for that suitcase full of books! love that idea!!

Michaela said...

The cute bird theme is great throughout. I love the chandelier in the dining space, too! And the suitcase is a brilliant way to display her books. Beautiful home!

Olivia said...

sooo beautiful. i want that view!!!!! i looove oregon so much

Zee said...

The pics and your sisters home is so spacious and beautiful!

jemina said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the living room!!!

XOXO
J

Jesse {GoodGirlGoneGlad} said...

Beautiful space and a beautiful view!