Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Way YOU Are

Sweet, adorable, and oh so stylish Mary from JPM Design is with us today to share a little peek into her favorite spot in her home. This room is so welcoming and tranquil, no wonder it's her favorite spot!

Mary's favorite spot....

I want to start out by thanking Leah for asking me to join in on the fun! I adore her blog and she has to be one of the sweetest girls out there, so I am so honored to get to contribute today!

My most favorite spot in my house would have to be my bedroom. Its hardly a master at only 11' x 11' feet but Ive made the most out of it. Since the space is so small Ive limited its functions to only relaxing and sleeping! Since I am always on the go its so nice to have a place to retreat to after a long, hard day.

When my fiance and I purchased our house I was rather stumped on what to do with the space. There is large, off-centered window above the bed so I came up with the idea of painting a mural on the wall to help balance things, visually. I hand drew and painted the cherry blossom tree branch and the room evolved from there. I like to think that the space has an eclectic, zen-like feel to it! I'm always on the hunt for a bargain, so the pillows are from Target, bedding is from Ikea, lamps are from Pier One, and nightstands are from TJMaxx.

Thanks again for including me :)
Mary

bedroom6.jpg


DSC_0090.JPG

via JPM Design

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully decorated house. Such wonderful eye.
Thanks for sharing her.
xx Emily from EL Vintage

Anonymous said...

The blossom tree image is beautiful! xoxoxo

Unknown said...

That's a fabulous room. I wish you had shown more pictures!! Great space.

Rikke said...

Aahh..I love that bedroom!!

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Love the tear lamp on the bedside table!

Anonymous said...

that bedroom is beautiful! looks so peaceful!

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

she hand painted that tree? amazing!

Unknown said...

i love that room! i like her nightstand decor - i always feel like i have too much or not enough on my nighstands!

jillian xoxo
http://just-jillian.blogspot.com

Brandi@ Flights of Whimsy said...

This is very tranquil, she is a great artist!

Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy said...

That mural is so gorgeous! I can't believe she did it on her own!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous mural- very pretty and very impressive!

jemina said...

That is one amazing bedroom
drooooolll.......

XOXO
J

Jesse {GoodGirlGoneGlad} said...

What a serene space.
xx

Tatiana said...

This bedroom is amazing! I love her style!

Mary said...

Thanks again Leah for including me in the series!! I'm looking forward to getting a peak into some of your other stylish reader's homes!

Maddy said...

And what a lovely bedroom it is!! Love the wall decal! It's the perfect place to rest your head at night :)

Zee said...

The colors are so inviting. At first I thought that was a real tree. Hey, you've had some larger than life pics on here before! Lol.

and flowers pick themselves said...

such a gorgeous space. it looks so cozy + lovely.

xo Alison