Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Designer Spotlight

Today I wanted to do a spotlight on Designer Summer Thorton's work. She is uber talented and already has an impressive collection of her fabulous work. I wanted to share just a few of my favorites with you.

I am in love with these wrought iron wall divider's. The total symmetry of the room is perfect. I find myself doing lots of "pairs" in my own house as well. It makes it all look orderly even if you have lots of lots of stuff in a room.
The lines of this coffee table are just stunning and so chic.
I want to just pluck these chairs and that table right out of here and put them in my house. It is like jewelry for your home.
Love the Hollywood regency of that bar!
Um yes where can I find some of this wallpaper for extremely cheap please?
Or better yet this wallpaper?!!!! Don't even get me started on that love seat! I have been just itching to do another upholstery project!
These chairs are just perfection. I love taking traditional or vintage furniture and bringing it into the now, and this is a perfect example of that.
Love these curtains and that mirror. Tired of me gushing yet?!! I just can't help it! I need a couple of houses just so I can decorate like crazy!

24 comments:

Kathysue said...

Beautiful home and lovely design. Great use of color and fabrics, thanks for sharing I was not familiar with Summers work, Great post,Kathysue

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.. beautiful... The table is gorgeous.. But I'm amazed by how the dark painted (I think its grey) room looks.. very elegant..

Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy said...

I am totally with you! I LOVE Summer Thornton..and I was planning on doing a spotlight on her soon too...haha. She has designed my very favourite room (the last two pics of your post). Thanks for sharing the others!

jemina said...

OH, YES to ALL please, xoxo

Danielle said...

love her style! thanks for sharing.

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

What fabulous style! Love these looks.

P.S. I gave you a special shout out on my post today! xo

Flavia @ Estilo Home said...

Oh yes, I love her! Her living room (last two photos) is one of my all-time favorites! And that coffee table really is stunning.

Muffy said...

Love that room with the wall dividers to! It looks like something out of a 1960's movie. Haven't heard of her before.

McVal said...

Oh!... Won't you please start with redecorating my house? You'll need a Merry Maid crew first...

Mimi said...

Beautiful, I want this to be my home!

xo

Ludmila {creamylife.com} said...

absolutely everything of these spaces is perfection! but that wallpaper is to die for!!!

Andrea said...

Oy my gosh this home is STUNNING Leah! I love it! Can I move in there please??

Jessie said...

The wallpaper and curtains can come live with me.

Poppies and Sunshine said...

Amazing!! I love her style. It's soo glamorous!

Diana Mieczan said...

I adore everything about her and her style...Such a beautiful space:)
The bedroom is stunning...Great post,darling and see you soon:)
Muah

ashlina {the decorista} said...

oh so glam and gorgeous! love it.

A Casa da VĂ¡ said...

I absolutely love the iron divider, so unique!

Anna Walker said...

I love it so much I am pretty sure my eyes almost popped out of my head when I first saw the chandelier! Awesome! I also love how calming and water like the blue of the couch is, it also looks very soft :)

avant garde design said...

i love your comment "it's like jewelry for your home", that's just genius my friend :) thanks for sharing. each of these spaces is to drool for!

Unknown said...

I love that blue sofa!

luxe + lillies said...

Oh WOW! that home/ collection of work is absolutely beautiful! I throughly adore that light blue velvet sofa, but the mix of textures, patterns, colors... on and on.. its all delish!

emily said...

Her style is fabulous. What great spaces!

kay said...

Yes,where can I find that wallpaper cheap?? Love them both

k said...

Gosh...I would take these all, they are amazing