Thursday, June 10, 2010

Diamond in the rough

My mom is the best ever! Remember that kids table I redid? Well that and this are just two of the treasures she has found for me at Goodwill! I am not able to go that often, but my mom likes to go when she is in town picking up and dropping off my little brother. She found this amazing wine rack at goodwill for $37! At first when she text me this picture I thought it was a birdcage (which I have been looking for) but then when she brought it I was even more excited! I am not exactly sure what I am going to do with it but here is one idea. I am thinking of painting it gold and adding some fun accessories.
The fun thing about metal is that you can take things out. So I may take out the wine holders in the bottom and do something fun with it. So stay tuned!

Here's some fun accessories from Z gallerie that might jazz it up.

Wouldn't it be fun to have a fake parrot sitting on top or inside it? This one is 19" tall!








9 comments:

Rachel- Once Upon a Farm said...

Too cool Leah and way to go Mom! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy said...

Isn't Goodwill the greatest?? I am really looking forward to seeing the end product!

Unknown said...

Those Z gallery finds are just the thing! Really love that tray...might need to get that!

Welcome said...

Leah, I am loving the idea!!! I think those Z Gallerie ideas would look great after you get done..

XOXO
Kiki

Danielle Renee said...

I love the fake parrot idea, to make it look like a birdcage on the bottom is a great concept. Of course you would have to see what it looks like though.

alison (semi-fab lane) said...

your mom rocks! i have to go to goodwill-like-yesterday! great find, i think it is a cross between a birdcage and a wine rack, no? your relationship with your mom and sister sounds very similar to mine with my older sis and mom (my best friends as well)

christine, just bella said...

What a weirdly unique (in a good way!) piece. I wish I could see this thing in person.

GREAT goodwill find.

Sarah Davis said...

This is definitely one of those pieces that will end up being an eclectic, interesting, statement piece in a room. I can't wait to see what you do with it!

Carpe Diem said...

Hurry up and get going...so we can see the results.