Monday, June 28, 2010

Goodwill finds and new pillows


Happy Monday everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I thought we could start this week off with some treasures I found at Goodwill (if you haven't realized it by now, I am addicted!) and some pillows my sister and I made.

I spotted this little beauty at the GW (Goodwill) and had to make her mine. Right now she is siting on the "wine rack" by the front door to catch any spare change, keys, etc.
I also found this amazing vase there as well. I LOVE it! When I got it home and began the ritual of washing and disinfecting the side of the thing broke off! Since then I have glued it back together but I am not sure if I will keep it or not. So bummed!
I found this fun platter from another trip to the GW a couple of weeks ago and so far no breakage. I am so into floral right now! Can you tell?!!!

And here ladies and gentlemen are my new handmade pillows my sister and I worked on and finished the end of last week. I am so pleased with them and the fact that we finally used my sister's virgin sewing machine! Worked like a charm.

The funny story behind this chevron pillow is that I saw the EXACT same pillow at the Home Depot! I can't believe it. I bought the fabric at JoAnns, and I am totally stunned! So if you want one of your own, head to your local Home Depot where they have the outside version for sale.

I finally moved my H from the mantel. Not many things can fit there because it is really narrow. However I thought it was time for a bit of a change so I put my vintage clock there for now.

28 comments:

A Flair for Vintage Decor said...

Absolutely love those pillows!! And I am addicted to GW too:)

Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy said...

I need to go to the Goodwill you go to! I love that first find!! And those pillows are so great! My fav is the floral patterned one!

jemina said...

You had amazing finds, I wish there was a Goodwill in Singapore, and I love all of your pillows , the colours and patterns are amazing, note to self: must learn to sew stat!!!, happy monday to you dearie, xoxo

Prencie said...

Wow! It sounds like I need to start shopping at GW!!:) Awesome finds!! And great job on the pillows!! I so addicted to pillows but the kids just throw them on the floor and use them as stepping stones or whatever their imagination comes up with! lol!

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Loving the one with the chevron pattern...very funky.

Lindsay said...

Love GW! That catchall is adorable. I've seen one very similar at Urban Outfitters. xx

and flowers pick themselves said...

those little blue ottomans are calling my name! so cute.

xo Alison

Carpe Diem said...

Great pillows. I love the mix of colors and patterns.

Karen said...

I love the mixture of fabrics you used for the pillows on your sofa. I've been looking for a few new pillows for my home to add a bit of color. Mixing the patterns adds so much interest.

Muffy said...

Love it! Great finds. I need to go to GW some time1

k said...

wow I love your house!!! and your GW finds, that is so awesome. I'm addicted to the equivalent here...
that vase is seriously amazing, too bad it broke :( it looks like it fits so well with your room though!!

Poppies and Sunshine said...

All wonderful finds! My favorite is that cute jewelry holder! And I'm loving the colors and patterns on the pillows!

Brandi said...

Some people don't realize what a treasure trove Goodwill is -- and you found some fantastic pieces. I understand why you keep going back.

Regan said...

The pillows are adorable!!

J. said...

Your fireplace is gorgeous!!

http://jammer10am.blogspot.com/

christine, just bella said...

yay! Another successful treasure hunt - great finds!

avant garde design said...

yikes, i've got to get my butt down to goodwill apparently. where have i been? :) you are getting lucky with your visits!

Welcome said...

Leah, the pillows are amazing but more than anything, I love the blue stools with the studs..talk about a 1, 2 punch...

XOXO
kiki

hip hip gin gin said...

Oh my gosh, you find the most amazing things at Goodwill!! That little candy dish is fantastic. I am going to have to scour the thrift stores soon, hoping mine are as filled with little treasures as yours.

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

Love your GW finds- That black floral plate is amazing-

I also am in love with your turquoise ottoman's so awesome together-

Do you have a "Savers" where you live? It is one of my favorite recycle shops and is a nationwide chain. What I love about it is that you can donate and get a %20 off coupon for when you shop- Win Win!

Simone - honeyandfizz said...

love the cushions! Also the mirror over your mantel is so pretty xx

lu said...

wow those are amazing goodwill finds! and i am OBSESSED with your ornate gold mirror. was that a find, too? i bought two vintage frames this weekend--unfortunately not from goodwill. i mightve been slightly robbed.. ha

Unknown said...

You found so many great pieces, way to go! Love the pillows too!!

very married said...

love love LOVE goodwill finds!

Brittney Lynne said...

Even tho the vase is broken I love it so much that I would be sad if it went... but I understand the feeling when something you cherish is no longer in it's perfect state... just sort of ruins the buzz of having something new! I have to say my FAVORITE pillow you made is the flowered bamboo print! It's so unique and magazine worthy. But the combination of all 3 sitting on your green sofa with the blue accents in the room is what now makes this space so POSH!

Rikke said...

Wow, great stuff:)

Molly Page said...

Your floral platter is fantastic. I majorly envy your treasure hunting skills.

Anonymous said...

Love that first item find. Love!