Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Way YOU Are- The Fabulous Design File

Time for another peek inside yet another fabulous home, Carissa from The Fabulous Design File! I love this room!!!!!

Carissa's favorite spot...

I was so excited when Leah asked me to be part of this feature!Then I looked around my house and thought, uh oh... what room could I possibly share??? I love bits and pieces of most rooms in my house, but none of them are quite ready to show off on Leah's fabulous blog!!! Then I took a breath and realized that I was being a just a little bit crazy. Because really, I like it that my home is constantly evolving. It will probably never be "done." So here it is...

My favorite room is my dining room. It's the one room in my house that doesn't scream "two little boys live here!!!" I think that the best part is the wallpaper:







I love the chandelier... it was the first thing that I installed when we moved into the house. It lights up the metallic wallpaper and gives off a great sparkle in the evening.





The dining room is also home to a few treasures that I have collected: the sunburst clock that my sister found at a garage sale for $1, my gold thrift store lamp, and the old dresser that I rescued from my sister's garage (it was holding tools, now it stores my table cloths!)





Thanks again Leah! I think this is such a fun feature and I'm so excited to be part of it!


Thank you Carissa! Your dining room is gorgeous!!! The wallpaper is so fab and I am so happy you rescued that adorable dresser!!!

19 comments:

René said...

Beautiful room! Love the lamp.

-Rene

Karen said...

A great example of restraint in decorating. The wallpaper is the star in the room, she edited the accessories perfectly.

k said...

that wall paper is definitely awesome!

alison (semi-fab lane) said...

the wallpaper MAKES the room and i love her finds from various places too! i love when a room looks so gorgeous without spending a ton of money. and that chandelier, LOVE!

jemina said...

LOVE that dining room, just AMAZING!!!

XOXO
J

KillerB said...

I really like that mirror with the wallpaper

Caitlin @ Desert Domicile said...

Gorgeous room, I love that mirror! Thanks for sharing Leah :)

A Casa da Vá said...

Love the wallpaper!

Maddy said...

What a great room! So many awesome pieces, the chandelier, mirror, wallpaper...I want it all :)

Anonymous said...

This room is to die for. I love the crystal chandelier and the mirror. Very chic! I am loving this new series!!!

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

love that dresser and i love seeing into other bloggers homes. what a great idea!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, what an incredible dining room! I love the mix of old and new, the mix of patterns and texture. And that chandelier! To die for.. so.. gorgeous and glam!

Anonymous said...

Simply fabulous! xoxoxo

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

Thank you everyone for the wonderful compliments! Thanks again Leah!

Aspiring Kennedy said...

ok- her chandelier is amazing, i wanted it so badly when we moved into our house. my husband wasn't having it... so i'm glad it made it into someone else's home. sigh...... :)

Jesse said...

Love the wallpaper and the chandy! Beautiful space!

Kristen said...

gorg mirror and and chandellier

Michaela said...

That light fixture is amazing! So chic

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

I'm in love with that mirror!! Would love something similar in my office.