Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Way YOU Are- Good Girl Gone Glad

I am so glad you all are enjoying this series as much as I am! I LOVE seeing real peoples homes, so inspiring!

And now Jesse's favorite spot from Good Girl Gone Glad.....!

I want to start by saying how excited I am to be a part of this series. Thank You Leah! Our home has definitely been a work in progress. Now that my twins are 4 years old it is making decorating so much easier. I think we all tell ourselves we will just tell our children no, and teach them not to touch things you don't want them too. But in my case, I had a 20 month old and then had twins. So that wasn't really an option for me. I was out numbered. I couldn't be everywhere. So recently I have been working on my living room and it is quickly becoming my favorite space. I recently painted this cabinet...
IMG_1892.jpg

Layering it with my favorite mementos of family. Like these shoes my grandmother
kept from when I was a baby, along with a photo of her and I.
IMG_1897.jpg

This is my favorite spot to sit and blog. Mostly because I get to sit and enjoy the view...
IMG_1939.jpg


IMG_2208.jpg

Of my newly stenciled wall. I love the look of wallpaper, but just couldn't commit
to it. So the next best thing was to stencil it. I chose to use a gloss finish on the design
to give it a nice sheen against the flat paint. So at night when I sit to read and blog,
the wall gives off a lovely glow. I am still looking for two other round mirrors to flank
either side of the mirror I have up there. Just haven't found the right thing yet. I hope
that my space might inspire you. I know reading all of the wonderful blogs gives me
so much inspiration.

Thank You Leah, for having me today!
IMG_2212.jpg

20 comments:

Allison61 said...

Where did you get your fabulous stencil? Looks amazing!

Jesse said...

Thanks girl! I downloaded it from Jones Design Company blog.

Thank You Leah! I am really enjoying this series and seeing all of the homes you post!
xx

Unknown said...

Wow. Your room looks great. I am so inspired to stencil a wall. And I am in love with the framed baby shoes. So dear. I know what you mean about it getting easier as they get a bit older! Well done. Such a fun series.

Anonymous said...

Love that cabinet. And I can't believe she stenciled that. I was completely fooled and thought it was wallpaper, for sure.

Anna Walker said...

I love everything about the room! :) That cabinet is fabulous! :)

Kristen said...

What a great piece of furniture!
And I love all the pictures on the wall, cute!

Carry Grace said...

Jesse has great taste!

Kellie Collis said...

I was admiring this yesterday. Isn't it just lovely? Enjoy the weekend, Kellie xx

Julie Holloway said...

I love Jesse! She's my girl...and so talented!! Have a great weekend.

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

I love her sophisticated yet relaxed style. Very inspiring!

Brandi@ Flights of Whimsy said...

This is really pretty! I'm working on taking a picture for you for my favorite space this weekend!

Karen said...

I love Jesse's home, it has such a fresh look-and Jesse is so sweet to boot.

Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy said...

I love what she did with the baby shoes - so adorable!

Jen said...

Love this feature. Again what a fun series!

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Amazing wallpaper!

Thanks for sharing great pictures!

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

alison (semi-fab lane) said...

i love her color palette and that piece is amazing that she did!

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

Wow! That stenciling is so amazing! I'm trying it for sure!

Kristen said...

Gorgeous! She has a great sense of style and creativity!

emily said...

I love Jesse's space! Such a beautiful home throughout.

Unknown said...

You guys are all so sweet! Thank you! Have a great weekend!