Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Way YOU Are- 6th Street Design School

I am so excited to start this new series that I have been wanting to start for a while now. It's called The Way You Are. It's a series where we get to see a sneak peak in some of YOUR fabulous homes. I have asked a few fellow bloggers to participate and if you would like to participate too (which I would be thrilled to have you) please please please shoot me an email!

So to kick off this series we are getting to see a peak into the home of the amazing and talented Kirsten from
6th Street Design School. I have asked to see your favorite spot in your home and this is what she chose!

By the way go check out Kirsten's newest series called Good Design with Kids in Mind where she asks a panel of experts, including me, questions about keeping a stylish home while raising kiddos. It is so amazing!!

Kirsten's Favorite Spot......

My favorite spot in my home is my office. I love coming in here and working on design projects. I also love the colors in this room. The blue is very soothing while the pops of dark pink make it feel feminine and fun. My very favorite things in this room are my desk chair and my rug. The rug is so soft and sometimes while I'm working on my computer my son Jett will come and just lay on the rug. He loves it too.

It is so nice to have a space all to myself. Even though this room is very small I feel like it is all organized and everything has a place. In my stressful and busy life having organization is essential. I also love having my desk next to a window. I love the view of the mountains outside this window.
DSC_4279a.jpg


IMG_0843.jpg


DSC_4280.jpg


IMG_0789.jpg


If I had this office I am sure this would be my favorite spot too!
Thank you Kirsten!

32 comments:

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

What a lovely office, love all of the feminine colors.

Nicole Lisa said...

That is a really cute office, and I am having a serious love affair with see through chairs.
Also what a great idea for posts :o)
<3 Nicole Lisa
http://www.blushcode.com/

Lilacandgrey said...

cute space!
<3Cara

"Tea Time" Print Giveaway-Come on Over and Check it Out!

Jill GG said...

what a fun new series! I love this room... inspiration for getting myself organized!

katie [the bright life] said...

What a cute office!! I love the organization, ikea bookshelves/baskets/storage boxes are the best!!! And Kirsten, that's so sweet that your son comes to lay down on the rug. Love that! :)

Anna @ IHOD said...

I have a feeling I am going to LOVE this series!! <3
Beautiful office!

Sharstin said...

i love her office--so cute! and i am excited about the new series too!

walrus studio said...

I love the floral drapes paired with the modern roman shade. nice!

Julie Sardinetin said...

What a great idea Leah!
Love this little office - quirky and very organised.

Cherish Stockdale said...

i love the colors!

Unknown said...

Oh, great series! Excited to see all the spaces. I adore Kirsten's office space. Especially the great fabric and desk chair. I could get a lot done in that space!

Olivia said...

loooves it.

excited for this series! will get you mine soon :)

Chic Geek said...

I'm going to ADORE this serries! Can't wait for more! Does anyone know where that roman shade is from? I need!

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Love the new series, Leah! Isn't her fabric roller blind amaze?!

Unknown said...

Nice post - I'll have to join in on this!

Loving the ghost chair.

Sarah said...

What a fun series! Kirsten has such a sweet office.

Btw- I'd love to participate! :)

Unknown said...

GREAT idea for a post! Yay!

Unknown said...

Oh my, this office is so stylish, so well thought out, and put together.. Hm, very much out of my league here.. but loving the new series Leah! I love that brass ampersand..

Anonymous said...

What an amazing series! I completely love it. The stackable shelves and desk is so feminine and beautiful. I want one in my house!

k said...

i LOVE this idea!!!! cute office =)

Maddy said...

What a great series!! Can't wait to see what everyone's fabulous spaces look like :)

Unknown said...

nice..
I have my own facial treatment room..
I have upload some of the photo on my blog..

christine, just bella said...

I love this feature, Leah! And the name is PERFECT :)

I wish my office was as cute and organized as Kirsten's. What a great space!

Anonymous said...

Great space! I would not mind if I had an office like that :) xoxoxo

Julie Leah said...

I love the organization in that shelving unit!! The colors and textures mixed together is perfect.

And the rug! Mmmm, the rug!!!

Kiran said...

What a great series to begin. I am new to your blog, and find it very lovely.

xx
KC

emily said...

Such a great series! I love Kristen's office. It is just lovely!

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

I love this idea...it's so fun to peek into other people's favorite spaces.

Jesse said...

I do love her office!

Kirsten Krason said...

Thanks for all the nice comments! I'm glad everyone likes it as much as I do!

Anonymous said...

Is amazing!! cute!!
chris rasga
http://mixornia.blogspot.com

Rachel- Once Upon a Farm said...

Leah,
What a great idea to do this series. I love the name! Kristen's office is beautiful- LOVE!