Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Way YOU Are- What's Up Whimsy

More, More, More! I am a sooo loving this series and don't want it to stop!

Shannon from What's Up Whimsy has such an incredible dining room! I am major loving it!

Shannon's favorite spot....

"I love this series that Leah has created because I love seeing into the homes of other bloggers - does that make me sound like a peeping tom? Ha ha. Anyways, that's why I love Leah's blog so much - she always sharing little projects that she is working on and additions to her home. Thanks so much for letting me share some pictures from my home Leah!

We are currently renters, so we aren't allowed to paint or do anything major. Even though we are limited in that regard, the dining room always brings a smile to my face. From the stainless steel dining table from Ikea (which gets dirty so easily!) to the painted sideboad; from the framed tea towels from Anthropologie to my blue plate wall; from my monstrously large Ikea pendant lamp to my rainbow-coloured bookshelf - I love it all! My son Keaton also likes to spend a lot of time in the dining room pushing around all his trucks under the table and throwing his bouncy balls around. We usually push the table up against the wall so he has more room to run around (and won't hurt himself!) If we weren't renting, I would paint the walls white because I love rooms that have white walls and lots of bright pops of colour! One day!!

Thanks again Leah for letting me participate! I can't wait to see what other bloggers' homes you feature!"
DSC01277.JPG


DSC01278.JPG


DSC01280.JPG


Thank you so much Shannon for letting us have a peek into your fabulous dining room! Seriously can we switch? lol

31 comments:

Kristen said...

oh i love this - quite fabulously done!

what a fun series, leah!

Sharstin said...

love this dining room! and that light!!

Unknown said...

i love love love the blue plate wall!

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

that buffet table, ahhhh!

k said...

SO CUTE!

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Love the plate wall! Thanks for sharing, Shannon!

Amy Moore said...

Great room!! My mouth hit the floor when she credited Ikea for that amazing table, me thinks it might be perfect for my new desk? Thanks so much for letting us have a peak!

Amy

christine, just bella said...

I love Shannon's dining room, she rocks that light fixture!!

alison (semi-fab lane) said...

everything is done so well here! shannon, great job! i can't beleive she got that table at ikea. when? maybe it's only offered in canada.
leah, this is a great series,love it!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

What a cute room - everything looks great! Thanks!

Kristen said...

I heart that plate wall!

Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy said...

Thanks again for letting me share my space Leah!

Amy and Alison - You bet that table is from Ikea! It's under the Table Tops and Legs section. Here is the link on the Canadian website, so hopefully you can find it on the American one: http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/S39843735

Unknown said...

Love the side buffet table.. that ginormous lamp.. the burnt orange chair.. everything looks so stylish!

Unknown said...

Love it! the light, the table, the rainbow bookshelf. So cute. Great to see! I love seeing all of these spaces!

Jess said...

What a neat idea! I tend to have bad luck with craigslit/people responding but I still love to look!

Lilacandgrey said...

LOVELY!

Mary said...

This is such a fun space! I still need to take some updated pics of my master bedroom to submit to you for this series. . . thanks for reminding me!! :)

Olivia said...

oh my gosh!!! i looove this room. so sweet.

Unknown said...

What a great space!!

Maddy said...

How colorful and inviting!! I'm in love with that light fixture!! Gorgeous!

Brandi@ Flights of Whimsy said...

Super Cute! I love the framed tea towels. You would never guess this place was rented!

Carry Grace said...

This is a beautiful dining room! I'm a renter too, so I'm going to go check out a new to me blog.

This is a great series, Leah.

Anonymous said...

The light fixture is simply amazing. I can't take my eyes off of it to look at the rest of the room!

Michaela said...

Oh! Shannon's dining room is one of my favorite. I put the pictures in my inspiration folder a while ago (: I love this series...thanks for showing us other people's spaces! So fun (:

Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair said...

Beautiful! Especially loving that light and also really like the floor

Really lovely room
Rachie xo

Kristen said...

That light is phenomenal! I love it!

Unknown said...

what a sweet dining room and as a rental.. well done!

katie [the bright life] said...

what a beautiful room!!! LOVING the rainbow bookshelf, what a great idea!

Staci Edwards said...

Yay! I guessed you were going to feature your dining room, and there it was! Seriously love it too Shannon, it is very you!
Leah - What a great feature!
xo

Sofia @ From PDX with Love said...

What is this 'the Way You Are' meme about? Just wondering...just looking at the photos of both your house and What's up whimsy makes me want to seriously decorate my house! :S

Sofia

Carpe Diem said...

I love the color combination. And, I love what she did with the Ikea...table. I have the same one, but I use it as a desk and it now lives in my home office. It is truly chic, and I think it fits perfectly into any decor design.